Danish Dementia Research Centre (DDRC)
(Nationalt Videnscenter for Demens) Rigshospitalet
A 3-year position is available for a highly motivated international or Danish candidate to join our group at the Danish Dementia Research Centre (Nationalt Videnscenter for Demens), from October 1, 2020, or as soon as possible. The candidate will be employed as a post. doc. researcher with the aim to plan for independent research in the field of comorbidity and health determinants in dementia.
The Danish Dementia Research Centre
The Danish Dementia Research Centre (DDRC) at the Department of Neurology, Rigshospitalet, is dedicated to patient care, research and national educational services in the field of dementia. In the clinical and epidemiology research group we focus on initiatives to improve the quality of health care for people with dementia.
The overall aim of the research project is to investigate comorbidities and determinants of health in patients with dementia including disease risk and socio-economic factors. The project is entirely based on Danish national registry data. The candidate will be expected to prepare a research program within this field.
- MSc in medicine, public health, psychology, biostatistics, pharmacy, human biology, or other equivalent degree
- Completed PhD degree within the past 5 years
- Ability to work independently and to establish cross-disciplinary collaboration
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills
- Experience from previous positions with dementia research
- Experience with research based on national registries and/or handling big data
- Experience with SAS or similar statistical software
More information, contact
Professor Gunhild Waldemar, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
tel. 35 45 25 80 or 26 30 25 80.
PhD student, Janet Janbek e-mail: Janet.Janbek@regionh.dk tel:26203950
Website: videnscenterfordemens.dk and ddrc.dk
Application (in English) to professor Gunhild Waldemar must be submitted together with a CV and list of publications, using the link: “apply” (the button to the right).
Application deadline: August 17, 2020, 12.00 p.m. Interviews for selected applications will take place in week 35 (August 24 to 28, 2020).