The Center for Genomic Medicine at Rigshospitalet is looking for a software developer to join our bioinformatics group that develops and maintain computational pipelines for the analysis of patient genomes and transcriptomes. The position is available from May 1st 2021.
The Center for Genomic Medicine holds a combined high-throughput DNA/RNA sequencing and bioinformatics platform that offers a wide-range of genomic and transcriptomic analyses, including human whole-genome sequencing, to hospitals in Region Hovedstaden and Region Sjælland as well as the National genome sequencing initiative.
The position is a temporary 12-month position, where you will support the development of our sample tracking system. The system stores information on patient samples, from the moment they arrive in the lab, up to the registration of results and generation of reports.
We offer a stimulating environment where medical doctors, biologists and bioinformaticians work together to deliver high-quality precision medicine and research. Our work has direct implications for diagnosis of patients leading to better treatment for a variety of rare and more common genetic diseases, infections, and cancer.
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar. Individuals without such a degree, but with proven experience will also be considered.
- Experience with Angular and Django frameworks and database design is a plus
- Proficient with Linux-based operating systems and containerization (docker);
- You like to work in a team, and you are motivated by working in an interdisciplinary environment.
Our work is primarily focused on processing and analyzing of DNA sequencing data. The results of these analyses must be validated and curated by our team of specialists before handling the results to the medical doctors. Tracking the samples through this process is essential.
The application should comprise the following, submitted by the application system:
- A brief introductory letter outlining how you see yourself as part of the bioinformatics unit
- A curriculum vitae, including one or two relevant references
- Relevant diplomas
Deadline for application is April 28th, 2021 at noon. The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with relevant union. The place of work will be Rigshospitalet, Blegdamsvej, Copenhagen.
For further information, contact Frederik Otzen Bagger (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, 3545 4668).